Accentuate the Positive

It’s the dawn of a new era and we at The Chart hope everyone is ready for the changes that are about to take place on our recently renovated campus.

For too long, students have complained that there is no place to congregate on campus. Well complain no more; the Beimdiek Student Recreation Center will be open in a matter of days.

There have also been complaints about the majority of our athletic teams posting losing records every year. Two have been taken off of the books and hopefully the cutting loose of those slow beasts will help to quicken the herd. And certainly a new athletics director couldn’t hurt. He is already talking about how to improve the facilities, which will improve the product on the field.

The addition of a campus police force is supposedly making our campus safer for students. We hope that is the case, but we question the wisdom of an armed force on a campus that is relatively crime-free.

Campus administration has also been the target for many complaints over the years. So now we have a president in his second year, a new vice president of development, a new interim vice president of academic affairs and a senior vice president’s seat preparing to open up. We keep hearing rumblings about not being able to keep people in those posts. But that doesn’t affect the day-to-day of the average student.

What else can you complain about?

We’re sure lots of things. But in this financial climate it’s likely that nothing affordable could even be done to change anything worth complaining about.

So sit back, shut up and enjoy the sunrise.

It’s going to be a long day.