The Student News Site of Missouri Southern State University

The Chart

The Chart

The Chart

Students sections important to College atmosphere and experience.

Missouri Southern has a designated student section for basketball games but rarely is it used by anyone other than athletes.

In college basketball home teams win about 2/3rds of the time. A Student section is important to help the home team have that advantage. 

“Student sections set the tone for the entire crowd. Everyone feeds off the energy they bring to the arena. In college basketball, the home team wins something like two-thirds of the time. That home court advantage isn’t possible without an active and engaged student section,” said MSSU Athletic Director Rob Mallory.

Student sections provide an atmosphere and help to build a culture of excitement around campus when there are home games. 

Student sections are a great opportunity to be involved on campus.

“Any opportunity to get behind our Lions is a great opportunity to be involved and thrive during college,” said Junior Caden Duke.

Missouri Southern’s first home MIAA (Mid-American Intercollegiate Athletics Association) games are next week December 7th against the Central Oklahoma Bronchos and Saturday December 9th against the Newman Jets.