CAMPUS SECURITY REPORTS

9-25-2009Property DestructionLot 5

DPS was dispatched to Lot 5 at Hearnes Hall in response to damage to a Ford Mustang. The vehicle had been parked in a handicapped spot at Plaster Hall and later in a handicapped spot at Hearnes Hall. The car had key markings on the driver’s side.

9-26-2009Liquor law violationDishman Hall

DPS was dispatched to Dishman Hall is response to a call reporting alcohol at a party. An RA in Dishman had visited an apartment to complain about loud music and saw alcohol in the apartment. DPS was unable to locate alcohol containers and began to administer breathalyzer tests. Several students admitted drinking and the breathalyzer determined that others had been drinking as well.

TheftLeggett & Platt Athletic Center

DPS was notified of a theft of approximately $200 from a player’s locker in the football locker room. Investigation showed that the area was secured and no forcible entry was noticed.

9-28-2009InformationBillingsly Student CenterDPS contacted a Sodexho employee regarding an individual walking on a countertop separating the Lions’ Den snack bar from the seating area. Nothing was found missing.

TheftLot 24

DPS responded to a report of the theft of a red, left-side panel from a 2002 Honda Shadow motorcycle. Loss was estimated at $200.

9-29-2009BurglaryBillingsly Student Center

DPS contacted a Sodexho employee who reported $43 worth of Tropical brand nuts and fruit snacks missing. There was no sign of forcible entry. The person apparently climbed over the wall separating the Lions’ Den snack bar from the seating area.

Single-vehicle accidentLot 39

A 1996 Dodge pickup truck hit a light pole. One person was injured with no damage to the pole. Vehicle was towed.

InformationHearnes Hall

A DPS officer was dispatched to Hearnes Hall on the report of a student making possible suicide statements.