Library hosts Exam Cram for finals prep

It’s that time of the semester for caffeine and late night studying in preparation for finals week. However, students don’t have to go at it alone.

The George A. Spiva library is hosting Exam Cram, an opportunity for students to receive some extra help from tutors to prepare for finals.

“We partnered with the Student Success Center and the tutors that they have certified through their department, they volunteer to come over to the library and work their hours here in a more centralized location and we’re able to advertise the schedule that they have that way people can come in whenever they have breaks in between classes or whatever,” Amber Carr, public services librarian, said.  

“And the tutors can help with quick reviews or if [students] need someone to look through a final paper before they turn it in, something like that.”

Exam Cram tutoring sessions have been available since Dec. 3, and will be continue through Sun., Dec. 9. Tutoring sessions will take place at the reserved study tables on the main (third) floor of the library.  

“We have three tutors this semester and between the three of them we have a wide range of subject areas,” Carr said.

The subject areas available for tutoring are math, writing, psychology, sociology, communication and biology, and are all free of cost.

“This semester we’re offering over 40 hours of free tutoring,” Carr said. “Hopefully students realize this is a free service to them and they should take full advantage.”

The library has extended hours and will be open until midnight through Dec. 13.

For more information on, contact Amber Carr at 625-9335 or via email at [email protected].