Night of the dancing dead

Graphic designed by Kendra Brisco

Night of the dancing dead

A zombie outbreak is making its way to the Southern campus. On Oct. 25, the MoSo Ghost Hunters will host a zombie-inspired Halloween dance on the third floor of the Billingsly Student Center in an attempt to raise funds for the club’s ghost hunting equipment.

“It’s fun. It is fundraising, but it’s fun fundraising,” said Ian Allard, junior Spanish major and vice president of the MoSo Ghost Hunters. “We’re planning on having a great time—and dancing.”

Students who attend the event are encouraged to dress up as their best zombie selves participate in a costume contest. According to Allard, the top three contestants will win prizes, with the first and second place winners likely to receive monetary awards.

“It’s going to be fun. It’s going to be very, very fun. You don’t have to dress up either. It’s not mandatory, it’s recommended,” said Allard.

In addition to dancing zombies and a costume contest, the dance will also feature a fortune teller as well as a few zombie-related games.

“Students should expect to see zombies and zombie-related things,” said Allard. “There will be food, good music, an open dance floor, some games, fortune telling, and other stuff like that.”

Admission prices for the event are $3 for Southern students and $5 for non-students. Participants must be 18 and older. 

For more information, contact the MoSo Ghost Hunters online through Facebook.