Marijuana smell causes search of student’s room

Domestic Violence

11/27/2005

7:02 p.m.

While on patrol, a Department of Public Safety officer observed several students arguing and shoving one another. The officer approached the argument and called 911. The officer observed three males fighting and three females shouting. Three other officers arrived on the scene and the female students were told to leave the area. The officer then went to talk to the female students. One said she had been assulted by one of the male students. No charges were filed.

Information

11/29/2005

2:00 a.m.

A student reported a dumpster had blown over outside of Mitchell Hall and hit her vehicle. There was damage to the front left panel. The chain on the dumpster was secured after the dumpster was set back.

Information

11/29/2005

2:00 a.m.

A DPS officer was contacted by the Joplin Police Department in reference to a robbery at a local convenience store. Two witnesses had seen a suspect running toward the residence halls. The officer was told a K-9 unit would patrol the area and the officer searched the area thoroughly as well. No one was found fitting the description.

Drug Law Violation

12/2/2005

11:05 p.m.

A DPS officer was contacted by a Student Assistant in East Hall in reference to a report of the smell of marajuana coming from one of the rooms. The officer and a resident director went to the room and asked the occupants to allow a search. They agreed. Two bags of what appeared to be marajuana were found. The case was turned over to the Dean of students. No one admitted to owning the bags.