Campus Security Reports

4/3/2007

Injured Person

Spiva Library

A DPS officer was dispatched in reference to a person who had fallen. A student was sitting at the bottom of the stairs on the northwest side of the library. The student claimed her ankle turned in mid-step. The student was transported to Freeman Hospital by JEMS ambulance.

4/3/2007

Injured Person

Hearnes Hall

A DPS officer was called in reference to a student who had fallen and hit their head. The student said she wanted a ride to the campus nurse, and did not know what caused her fall. However, she claimed to had fallen on several occasions lately. The officer transported the student to the nurse.

4/5/2007

Information

Lot 23: Apts. south

A DPS officer was on patrol when he heard loud cursing from the front of East Hall. When the officer approached the cursing students and asked for IDs, the students rejected disrespectfully. The officer advised the students the JPD would be called if they continued to disturb the peace.

4/5/2007

Information

Lot 17: Stadium, west

An officer was contacted in reference to a missing clarinet. The student who lost the instrument said she had laid it next to her car to unlock the door, drove off without it, and when she returned it was missing. The JPD were notified and a report was made.

4/5/2007

Information

Lot 38: Main lot, west

An employee of the physical plant brought in items to the DPS office. Just minutes after the items were brought in, a male came to retrieve them. The person had left the items in the parking lot next to his vehicle, and when he returned they were missing.

4/5/2007

Fire Alarm

Blaine Hall

A DPS officer was checking the security of a residence when an advisor to the residence halls contacted him. The advisor said the fire alarm was set-off by the burning popcorn in a microwave. The fire alarm was reset.

4/6/2007

Information

Anderson Justice Center

A DPS officer was called in reference to a loss of power in the building. A light switch was found to be shorted due to the freshly washed walls.

4/8/2007

Information

Lot 17: Stadium, west

An driver was pulled over by Duquesne police in the stadium parking lot. The driver was arrested for driving while intoxicated and with a suspended license. The vehicle was towed by Chuck’s Towing.

4/9/2007

Property Destruction

Lot 17: Stadium, west

A DPS officer was called in reference to a damaged vehicle. Two students claimed their gasoline had been siphoned from their vehicles while they were at baseball practice.