Crack open a Moosehead for Canada

It’s the fall semester again, and that means it’s time for the annual international semester. With China and Germany as the previous two themes, the bar has been set pretty high for this semester.So what is the theme for this semester? India? Japan?Oh, it’s Canada? Wow, I guess the budget issues must be more out of control than I imagined.I say that because the international semesters are generally themed with countries where the culture is significantly different from that of the United States.Germany and China both fit that bill. But Canada?I sat down to try and figure out what differences between the two countries there might be that could be so significant that we’d need a Canadian semester. The following is my list of differences:1. It’s really cold in Canada. I mean blisteringly cold. I did some research and found out that it’s so cold in Canada that all the students there do nothing but stay inside and study French, which brings me to my second point.2. They speak French! Can you believe that? I don’t even think I need to elaborate on this one at all. The fact that they speak French should speak for itself.3. Canada didn’t receive full independence from Great Britain until the 1980s. Even though our lands were settled around the same time, those Canucks waited an extra 200 years before they decided it was time to leave the old English nest. And they didn’t even have a tea party to celebrate. What a shame.Canada isn’t all bad, though. Just like any other country, it’s got some things going for it. I know this because this guy in my Sociology class who, while trying to get me to try something he called “Scooby Doobie Snacks,” kept telling me about various laws in Canada that he seemed to really appreciate.Personally though, I’m just a big fan of their bacon and syrup. Canadian beer isn’t bad either, and this semester gives me an excuse to do some research in that department. I recommend Moosehead, if any of you are curious.In case you wanted my qualifications for those recommendations, just take a look at my body by Budweiser.All in all, it seems to me that the Canada semester will basically be the America semester with a few minor differences.But don’t worry. I hear we might get to meet Dudley Do-Right at some point this fall.