Students get well on Wednesdays

Wednesday marked the third Wellness Wednesday of the semester, held by the campus recreation center.

Heather Arnold, director of recreational services, says the program is designed to give students an opportunity to get active and meet new people.

“It’s a great way for students and teachers to build relationships outside of class,” Arnold said.

In the Lions’ Den on Wednesday, participants were able to construct first aid kits that they can carry around in their backpack in case of emergency.

“People don’t always see a first aid kit as something to lead a well lifestyle, but you never know when you might get a headache on the way to class or scrape your arm and need a Band-aid,” Arnold said.

Upcoming events include an ultimate frisbee tournament on the Sept. 21. Participants will meet in the field on the corner of Newman and Duquesne.

Sept. 28 brings flag football, and the first campus walk of the year on Oct. 5.

“Students have enjoyed the campus walk in the past and some students who walk around campus a lot have mapped out their own trails, so they are able to lead the group,” Arnold said.

The department of recreational services expects a good turnout for events this year and encourages everyone to attend activities from noon to 1 p.m. every week. Arnold mentioned that while activities are fun and social, they can help everyone to achieve a well lifestyle.