The Newest Chapter at MSSU

Lambda+Pi+Eta+Inductees+after+the+ceremony+with+Dr.+Ildo+Kim.+

Contributed by Shanna Slavings

Lambda Pi Eta Inductees after the ceremony with Dr. Ildo Kim.

The newest organization to Missouri Southern State University held their first induction ceremony on Tuesday, Feb. 8. The club goes by the name Lambda Pi Eta, or Alpha Zeta Rho, and is the National Communication Association’s official four-year college and university honor society.

Four students were inducted this semester at the recent ceremony. Chapter president, Chiara Sbravatti; Vice President, Isabella Schuber; Secretary, Brooklyn Cady; and Treasurer, Megan Daniel. A number of the communication department’s faculty were present to celebrate and witness the beginning of this new chapter.

LPH recognizes outstanding student scholars in Communication and is open to all eligible students. They meet twice a month and work hard to establish solid connections in the area by engaging in a number of social, philanthropic, and academic activities. Further work is provided to encourage and strengthen professional development. There are also many opportunities to discuss and exchange ideas among colleagues within the field of communication.

Although Lambda Pi Eta was founded in 1985 at the University of Arkansas, this is the first year the club has been introduced to Missouri Southern. LPH has over 500 active chapters in over 47 states.

The members of Lambda Pi Eta are excited to see what comes of this new chapter and the work they will be doing during the semester, as well as the coming years.