Department store chain opens Joplin location

Kohl´s Department Store opened Oct. 6 between Northpark Mall and Target.

As of Oct. 6, a new department store is open for business in Joplin – Kohl’s Department Store.

The store has had a “partial” opening since Oct. 2 so people can avoid the crowd and to just take a look around.

The store location is next to Bed, Bath and Beyond, Michael’s and Target located on Range Line Road beside the Northpark Mall and behind Schlotzsky’s Deli.

The new Kohl’s store would also bring in Joplin more as far as the economical standpoint goes.

“It could bring more economical growth to the Joplin area,” said Dylon Stafford, freshman undecided major.

Along with a new place to shop, Kohl’s brings more job openings for people.

“It would bring more job opportunities for students, and a different place to go buy some one’s birthday presents,” said Ryan McClain, freshman undecided major.

Kohl’s is still looking for people who would like a job, whether it is full time, or part time.

“There are good benefits for part time employees, and you get good associate discounts,” said Nichole Gust, POS associate.

The jobs at Kohl’s are flexible enough for college students, as they work well around your class and activity schedule.

Unlike Target and Wal-Mart, however, Kohl’s does not deal with food.

It has men’s, women’s and children clothing, along with bedding, tools and more.

The clothing is placed toward the front of the building. The bedding, tools and everything else is located in the back of the store. Kohl’s has a wide variety of clothing to choose from.

Store hours are from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sundays.

Anyone interesting in applying for a job there can either go to the store and apply there or take an application or call 206-0356.