Security Briefs

Information

4/24/2006

9:22 p.m.

An instructor contacted the Department of Public Safety office after a subject came to a night class asking about a student. The student had previously taken an ex parte out on the subject. A DPS officer tried to contact the student to ask if the ex parte was still active. The student was not in her room when the officer contacted her the first time. However, when the officer attempted it a second time, the student was in. She said the ex parte was no longer active.

Property Damage

424/2006

5:30 p.m.

A DPS officer was contacted by maintenance in reference to some wind damage. A sign blew loose on the visitors’ side of Hughes Stadium. The sign had fallen to the ground, and there was no other damage reported.

Information

4/22/2006

3:50 a.m.

While on patrol, a DPS officer noticed a light coming from the lower floor of the Mansion. The officer looked for movement, but did not see anything on the inside. The officer circled the building and called the Joplin Police Department for back up.

When the officers arrived, they went through the building and found no one inside. A cell phone was found on the north side of the building. An officer listened to the messages on the phone and found it belonged to a Southern employee. The officers took the phone and said they would return it to the owner. The DPS officer turned off the lights in the Mansion and locked the building.