Campus Security Reports

Fire Alarm

8/4/2006

Blaine Hall

A fire alarm in Blaine Hall activated without a fire being present. The alarm was successfully reset.

Theft

8/9/2006

Spiva Library

An AVC circulation clerk at Spiva Library contacted DPS to report the theft of a 17-inch Dell flat panel monitor from a computer work station on the fourth floor of the library.

The clerk advised the DPS officer that an individual with a green shirt and rectangle glasses had been using the work station previously.

Property Destruction

8/10/2006

Lot 11: Young Gymnasium/Leggett & Platt Athletic Center

A student contacted a DPS officer to report someone had keyed his car. The officer observed scratches on both driver’s side doors and the trunk lid. The scratches on the trunk lid had the word “nigger” in them.

The students advised the DPS officer that he has had trouble with a woman who wanted to date him. The student was referred to the Joplin Police Department.

Liquor Law Violation

8/20/2006

Stone Hall

A student’s parents contacted a DPS officer regarding their daughter’s roommates bringing alcohol into the apartment. The DPS officer investigated and did not find any alcohol. He counseled the students on state liquor laws and campus policies.

Theft

8/28/2006

Lot 06: Hearnes Hall

A student contacted DPS to report the theft of a Motorola Razer V3 cell phone. The phone is silver in color with a blue dragon on the front and also says dragon on it.

Drug Law Violation

8/29/2006

Lot 06: Hearnes Hall

A student contacted DPS to report a bag of what appeared to be marijuana in parking lot 6.

The DPS officer removed the bag and transported it to the DPS office.

Automobile Accident

8/29/2006

Lot 39: University Drive

Two vehicles collided as one was backing out of a parking spot and the second was backing up to the second was backing up toward a parking space it had passed. No one was injured.