Campus Security Reports

Assault

9/27/2006

Taylor Hall

A Department of Public Safety officer was contacted in reference to an assault. A student yelled at another student. The student barged in front, put the face in front of the other student, glared and pushed the student in the stomach with the elbow. The student followed the other student a short distance before leaving. The Joplin Police Department was contacted.

Information

9/28/2006

Lot 38: Main Lot, West

DPS was dispatched in regard to reported flyers placed on windshields. The person involved was contacted, advised of the illegal activity and had two options: remove flyers or go to jail. The person chose to remove the flyers.

Fire Alarm

9/29/2006

East Hall

A DPS officer was contacted in reference to an alarm in East Hall. The residence hall staff evacuated the building and helped to locate the source of the alarm. The third floor pull station near the center stairwell had been pulled. No fire was located.

Fire Alarm

10/1/2006

East Hall

A DPS officer was contacted on a cell phone in regard to an alarm in East Hall. The residence hall staff evacuated the building and the source of alarm was found. No fire was located.

Domestic Violence

10/2/2006

McCormick Hall

DPS was contacted in reference to a male running into the building without a female escort. When DPS arrived, a student was crying. The student had been in a verbal dispute with the unescorted student.