Campus Security Reports

Theft

10/17/2006

East Hall

A student contacted DPS in reference to missing items. Two students reported missing a laptop computer, $15 and two ATM cards. The students were advised to also contact the Joplin Police Department.

Theft

10/16/2006

Lot 25

A student contacted DPS in reference to damage to his vehicle and possible missing property. The DPS officer noted other vehicles that had been broken into. The DPS officer followed up by viewing images from on-campus survailance cameras.

Property Destruction

10/16/2006

Lot 25

A student contacted DPS in reference to damage to his vehicle. It appeared somone had attempted to gain entry via a large tool or pry bar.It appeared noone had entered the vehicle and all contents were still present.

Injured Person

10/16/2006

Mayes Student Life Center

A DPS officer was contacted in reference to an injured person. A student had sustained an injury when a barbell without weights fell on the bridge of his nose. The student was bleeding and complaining of pressure inside his head. Metro Ambulance transported the student to St. John’s Hospital.

Information

10/16/2006

Billingsly Student Center

A DPS officer was contacted by custodial staff in reference to a strong smell of alcohol during a student function. The DPS officer observed the activity and confiscated a bottle of cognac. The officer also advised persons at the door of the incident.

Subsequently, the officer observed and addressed issues of parking, driving safety and possible student intoxication.

Theft

10/16/2006

Lot 25

DPS was contacted in regard to a student car being burglarized. The driver’s side glass on his vehicle had beed broken and a wallet was removed.

Theft

10/16/2006

Lot 25

A DPS officer was contacted in reference to an automotive break-in. The student reported the small triangle window on the passenger side of the vehicle had been compromised and a CD player and two sub-woofers were stolen.

Theft

10/16/2006

Lot 25

A DPS officer observed books and papers in the grass of Lot 25. The officer contacted the student to whom the items belonged and discovered they were missing from the back of a vehicle parked in the lot behind Dishman Hall.

Theft

10/14/2006

East Hall

A DPS officer was contacted in reference to a theft. A student reported he found his Playstation2, two controllers, a memory card and two games missing.

Theft

10/14/2006

Leggett & Platt Athletic Center

A DPS officer was contacted by students from Missouri Western. The officer was informed that the men’s side of the visitor’s locker room had been burglarized. The officer notted missing items and approximate values.

Theft

10/13/2006

Headlee Hall

A DPS officer was contacted in reference to a theft. Missing was a Hewlett-Packard laptop computerfromthe desk in the student’s apartment. The student was advised by the DPS officer to also file a report with the Joplin Police Department.

Theft

10/11/2006

East Hall

A DPS officer was contacted in reference to a theft. A student reported someone had removed $8 from her wallet locaed in her purse.

Threats

10/11/2006

Gockel Hall

A DPS officer was called to Lot 37 in reference to threats made to a person. A student said that, while in his apartment, he received a call saying if he did not stay away from another individual that the caller was going to slit his throat. The student was advised by the DPS officer to call appropriate police departments in regard to the issue.