CAB brings comedians to campus for change of pace

Some probable details the Campus Activities Board were planning, are now a go.

During the Nov. 8 meeting, members of CAB addressed the decision of providing the crystal key chains on the day of the Spring Fling Picnic. The Second City Tourney Company is coming to kick off the comedy nights for CAB every first Thursday of the month.

The board also decided the Feb. 28 talent show is set in stone.

“I think everybody’s excited for the comedy nights and talent show,” said Whitney Hornaday, the public relations representative leading the meeting. “If we can get those ideas to the other people for the final authorization, I think they’ll be really successful.”

The other brainstorming ideas during the last meeting are still manageable; they are goals for next semester, but not a priority.

“My goal is to have next semester planned and ready to go, by the end of this semester,” said Tori Christiansen, director of student activities. “It’s just a matter of showing up for the events and making them happen.”

This semester’s ending events are: the Gift Card Bingo on Nov. 17, the Stocking Stuffer Bingo on Dec. 8, and the CAB’s holiday activity which is still under planning.

During the meeting, the members discussed what they wanted to do with the $200 prize from the float contest during the Homecoming parade.

The decision was to celebrate by having dinner at Mucho Mexico next week.

Another suggestion was made to create new CAB t-shirts, but this idea wasn’t discussed further.

Christiansen reminded the members to spread the word about the final events for CAB this semester. She said the members have been great this year.

“The 15 kids that we have are consistent, they show up every week and they show their ideas,” she said. “They have some great ideas and they’re willing to come out and work to make these events successful. I think it’s great.”