KGCS helps students give holiday wishes

From 9 a.m. to noon today, the KGCS-TV studios should be busy making holidays bright with the Broadcasters Club Holiday Greeting.

Southern Broadcasters will be hosting the fundraiser for the holidays, making personalized greeting cards with the green screened backgrounds.

“We were a chapter of National Broadcasting Society and this year we changed it to Southern Broadcasters club to get people involved who don’t want to pay the high national broadcasting fees,” said Kisa Clark, junior mass communications major. “Our goal is to get more of involved and get the campus more involved too.”

“We’re trying to think of ways that we can raise money so that we can go to those national conventions and national competitions, which are still expensive, and get more people involved. One of our ideas was this fundraiser where we can use our broadcasting skills and create these holiday greetings that every student can use.”

For $10, a student will be able to choose one of five holiday themed backgrounds to stand with. They will then record their greeting and have it placed on a DVD to send out to friends and family.

“They get to say whatever greeting to whoever they want to send a holiday greeting to,” Clark said. “We put that on a DVD for them and we’re also going to air them on our broadcast station…and we’re also going to upload them online so they can just send them.”

The choices include Santa flying in the snow, a blazing fire place and a Christmas tree. KGCS asks that participants not wear green when being filmed. Those willing to participate can show up anytime between 9 p.m. and noon on Friday morning at the Ruth I. Colpon Studios, Webster Hall, Room 159.