Get to Know MSSU – Billingsly Student Center

Deidre Brown

The front entrance to the Leon C. Billingsly Student Center.

Named after the first president of Missouri Southern College, Leon C. Billingsly, the Billingsly Student Center is a hub of activity on MSSU’s campus. It is home to the Lion’s Den, the bookstore, and many other facilities to make life on campus for students easier. Here is a look at what the student center has to offer.

First Floor

The lower level of Billingsly is home to many important services for students, including Book Rental services, Lion Card office, print shop and mail room, and Phelps Theater, as well as a second entrance to the rec center.

Deidre Brown
Deidre Brown
Deidre Brown
Deidre Brown

Second Floor

– Campus Bookstore

Whether you are looking for textbooks, school supplies, or a sweatshirt, the campus bookstore has you covered. Located on the second floor of Billingsly, the bookstore is open to students from 8 AM to 5 PM on weekdays, and 10 AM to 2 PM on Saturday. Stop by to purchase books or grab almost anything you could need for the semester.

Deidre Brown

– The Beimdeik Recreation Center

The Biemdiek Recreation Center is open to all students, staff, alumni, and affiliates of the school with a membership. The entrance is located on the second floor of the Billingsly Student center, and the rec center opens at 6 AM on Monday – Friday, closing at 10 PM Monday – Thursday, and 8 PM on Friday. The rec center is also open on the weekends, from 12 PM to 8 PM. It includes three hardwood courts, over 100 pieces of equipment, locker rooms, two aerobic workout rooms, and a 10-lap mile elevated walking/jogging track. Whether you are looking to work out or just blow off some steam shooting hoops, the Beimdiek Rec Center has you covered.

Deidre Brown

– Lion’s Den

The Lion’s Den is a food court located on the second floor of Billingsly. Students can grab a slice of pizza from the Pizza Hut Express, or have one of the other options the Lion’s Den is offering at the time. It opens at 8:30 AM on Monday – Friday, and closes at 4 PM on every day but Friday, when it closes at 2 PM. Stop by and use your Dining Dollars or Lion Bucks to grab something to eat.

Deidre Brown

– The Willcoxon Health Center

The Willcoxon Health Center, located on the second floor of Billingsly, is available to all students, faculty, and staff at MSSU. The Health Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to 5 PM, closed for lunch from 11:30 to 12:30 daily. They offer many services, including physicals, some blood testing, and care for acute illness, to name a few. If you aren’t feeling great, stop by the Willcoxon Center to see what they can do to help.

Deidre Brown

Third Floor

The top level of Billingsly houses Connor Ballroom and six break-out style meeting rooms. Connor Ballroom is the location for many large events on campus throughout both semesters, as well as a few formal events throughout both semesters. Both the Ballroom and break-out rooms are available for rent for meetings, workshops, proms, or even weddings.

Deidre Brown

Whether you are new to campus or have been on Missouri Southern’s campus for a while, the Billingsly Student Center is a vital building to get acquainted with.