Lions Roar welcomes students back to campus

Sophomore accounting major Allen Tripp gets pied.

Students gathered at the oval from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to visit with all the campus registered student organizations at tables and tents during the last week’s ‘Lions’ Roar.’

Many Missouri Southern RSOs set up tables and booths inside the circle to pass out information to promote interest and membership. 

The purpose of the Lion’s Roar event is to have all the RSOs come out together and get their names out. The event allows students to get involved. 

In addition, Lions’ Roar gives freshman an opportunity to meet classmates with similar interests.   

CAB Vice President Brittany Lampe, biology major, said the event is designed to get students involved on campus and to promote safe and fun events in which to participate

“It’s helpful for freshmen to get to know people and to see all their classmates out here having fun with each other,” she said. 

“It’s just a good way to get involved.”

Lion’s Roar is typically a biannual event on campus. 

“We try to do one every semester,” Lampe said. 

“It’s just a good way anyone that is new at each semester can know what is going on. We usually get a pretty good turnout.”

Among the student organizations at the Lion’s Roar was Zeta Tau Alpha, one of the sororities on campus. The president of the ZTA, Kaylee Washburn, was impressed with the turnout.

“I feel like there were a lot more students this year than there were last year…more people getting to see what we have to offer,” she said.