Men’s track confident for conference

Samantha Zoltanski/The Chart

Men’s track confident for conference

On April 27 the men’s track team hosted the Bill Williams/Bob Laptad Invite at Fred G. Hughes stadium.

Senior Michael Juergens won the pole vault with a provisional height of 16-09.25 followed by junior Raymond Woldtvedt in second with a height of 15-09.25, earning a provisional of his own. Freshman Brady Melugin earned fourth place in the event.

“This last home meet was a good confidence boost,” said Woldtvedt. “Through the season I was jumping well, I finally got some good jumps in and I feel more prepared. I have more confidence for conference.”

Jeff Fraley, a sophomore sprinter won the 200-meter with a provisional time of 21.23 while earning a provisional in the 100-meter dash with a time of 10.44 in the prelims. Fraley decided not to compete in the finals of the 100-meter dash.

Darion Boure, a sophomore jumper placed second in the triple jump with a provisional distance of 48-2.75 followed by junior JJ Jones in third with a provisional distance of 47-11.

Senior Taylor McClelland earned the title in the long jump with a provisional distance of 23-10.25 followed by Tylor Albright, Boure, Jones, Jacob Rowe and Clark Tanksley in the top nine of the event.

Dustin Green, a senior thrower placed second in the discus with a provisional distance of 170-04 followed by sophomore Nicklas Polizzi in third. Seth Hackney, a senior won the shot put with provisional time of 40.99.

“If they have this kind of effort this weekend we’ll have a very good weekend,” head coach Tom Rutledge said. “I’m very excited for them. They’re starting to learn to compete.”

Junior Jazz Allen took home the title in the 110-meter hurdles with a provisional time of 14.62, while Jayce Thomas, a sophomore was third.

The 4×100-meter relay team of freshman Erron Holley, sophomore Anthony Price, Fraley and Tanksley won the relay with a provisional time of 40.99, while freshman Miles Migliara earned third place in the 1500-meter run.

“We’re going to have to have one of our best meets ever to win the conference meet this weekend. Either way we’re going to give them a run,” Rutledge said.

Check thechartonline.com throughout the summer for more updates.