Southern students showcase talent

Curtis Almeter

Adita Malhotra performs during last years talent show in Taylor Auditorium.

Ever wonder what hidden talents your friends or classmates may have? On Wednesday, March 16 you can find out during Missouri Southern’s second annual talent show. 

Shows from years past have featured many talents ranging from sing and dancing, to stand up comedy and magic. Each year brings new faces and new talents. 

“It was fantastic! I enjoyed performing in front of everyone,” said Kelby Pollock, who sang while playing his own accompaniment on his guitar during last year’s event. 

If you are ready to see your friends and classmates reveal their hidden talents, then consider attending Southern’s talent show. It will be held in the Taylor Performing Arts Center on March 16 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

This event is sponsored by MSSU Campus Activities Board. It’s free to all Missouri Southern campus community, and the first 200 students to present a valid student ID will receive a free t-shirt. 

In addition to seeing your friends and classmates compete to be Southern’s most talented, the show will be hosted by Lady Caress.

Lady Caress is both a poet and a public speaker. She has been featured on Season 4 of Verses and Flow and the BET 365 Black Awards, all for her ability to mix poetry with comedy, music, beatboxing and story telling. She has been considered the “future of spoken word.” 

While the participants of this event have already been chosen, you can come watch the show, and choose your favorites. Judges pick the winner. The second runner up you will receive $100, runner up will receive $200 and the lucky talented student who wins first place will receive $300. 

If you will be performing in the talent show, do not forget you must be at rehearsal Wednesday, March 16 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.