Student Senate approves funds for campus groups

Quinten Sargent

The Missouri Southern Student Senate meets every Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. in the Billingsly Student Center Conference room. 

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016, Missouri Southern’s Student Senate held their weekly body meeting.

Darren Fullerton, vice president for student affairs, announced Spring 2017 would be the last semester course books will be available in print, due to the enrollment process taking place online.

The members of Senate also voted on funding for campus club events.

The LARP Club requested funding to attend a makeup, and design festival taking place in Springdale, Arkansas. Senate had previously denied the proposal due to lack of information. However, the group resubmitted the proposal with more details, and senate approved funding.

The Model United Nations which won 1st place at the United Nations Convention last year, requested funding to attend the convention this year, hosted in Chicago. Student Senate agreed to fund the Model UN for this trip.

The DECA Team requested funding for travel expenses to attend a  convention in New York City that Senate approved. Two of Southern’s DECA Students will be attending.

Following the voting process for campus club funding, Senator Kendric Carlock proposed what turned out to be a controversial renovation of the Quad common areas. However, due to the lack of information, Senate agreed to review the proposal once Carlock was able to present more information.