Campus involvment day draws abundance of student organizations

Matt Barney

Two students listen to information about a campus organization during campus involvement day. 

Missouri Southern hosted another annual Cam pus Involvement Day on Thursday, January 19, in Billingsly Student Center. The event is put together so students at- tending the University can get a feel for all the clubs and organizations the campus has to offer.

This really helped me my freshman year to get involved and find clubs and friends that share my same interest,” said Matthew Ramsay, junior management major.

Southern offers more than 75 clubs and organizations where students can become more involved. Whether it be clubs for their major such as the Biology or Chemistry clubs, or the public relations society, PRSSA, or groups that peak their interest such as the Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), the Student Veterans Association or Greek Life. Involvement day isn’t just for students; it’s also a great way or the different clubs and organizations to brand themselves, make their organization know and recruit new members.

“Our club always gets an increase in applicants, and we gain between 15-20 new members,” said Admissions Counselor and Coordinator of the Southern Ambassadors, Nathan Hicks.

Campus Involvement Day is always expanding with new clubs and organizations coming to Southern.

“It’s great for students to see Southern does offer a variety of groups and there is something for everybody to join, get involved with, and love,” said Amanda Garner, junior pre-med major.