Group takes time to reflect, prepare for upcoming events

Hard work and planning allowed Missouri Southern’s Campus Activities Board to do something it haven’t done in a while – relax.

CAB conducted their weekly meeting in an informal manner on March 3 to discuss some last-minute planning for next week’s Spring Break Blitz activities.

“This was a team building meeting,” said Julie Blackford, Director of Student Activities.

Next week’s activities include a game show, spike night and the talent show. Spike night activities include sumo wrestling suits, an inflatable obstacle course, laser tag, a moving surfboard, open basketball and volleyball and scuba diving lessons. Free T-shirts, food and prizes will be given away throughout the evening. Spike night begins at 9 p.m. Thursday.

The Think Fast game show will take place at noon in the Billingsly Student Center lounge.

The talent show, headlined by up-and-coming comedienne Alexandria McHale as the master of ceremonies, will take place at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The first prize for the event is $200.

Terry Levy, junior criminal justice/pre-law major, announced the “get your roll on” skating party is still planned for March 31. A venue has not yet been determined, although Levy makes a strong recommendation for Silver Wheels in Joplin, due to it’s large size.

Final arrangements for the skate night will be announced at a later date. The party will be free to students.

Also discussed in the meeting was the possibility of CAB being partial sponsors for a trip to Kansas City too see a Russian orchestra, in connection with the Russia Semester.

The concept of bringing reality shows to Southern is still in the planning phase. Nothing has been named at this time.

CAB’s weekly meetings at 2 p.m. Wednesdays in the student activities office on the second floor BSC.