Despite lack of meeting, Board continues agenda

With the semester drawing to a close, Missouri Southern’s Campus Activities Board has only one official meeting left before the summer.

The meeting, which was scheduled for April 20 had no official business. The only people in attendance were Grahm Dickinson, senior finance major, and Melanie Epperson, secretary of the student activities office.

Dickinson said he wasn’t surprised nobody showed up for the meeting due to the semester’s end and the lack of attendance during the semester.

CAB still has a few events left before the semester draws to a close.

They partnered with the Ecolonomics club to bring the band Schwag to Southern for Earth Day.

On April 28, they will be showing White Noise, starring Michael Keaton. During the film, CAB will have free movie candy and snacks for students. There will also be a drawing for prizes.

Epperson said she encourages everyone to come out with their blankets and lawn chairs and watch the movie.

They will begin the movie at 8:30 p.m. outside McCormick Hall.

Following the movie, CAB is taking 25 students to the Joplin Spooklight.

The bus they rented has no vacancy, but students are welcomed to follow along.

“It should be a fun night,” Epperson said. “We’ll have a scary movie and a scary trip.”

On April 29, the Spring Fling picnic will take place from 10:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the oval. Free food and drinks will be available to students and faculty.

Rounding out the semester will be Finals Madness on May 4.

CAB will have several games, including a rock wall, laser tag, a DJ club night, sand volleyball and dodgeball.

Free food and T-shirts will also be given away during the evening.

The activities are scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. next to the residence hall tennis courts.

Any students with interest or ideas for CAB have one last chance to attend a meeting at 2 p.m. April 27.

Meetings are held in the student activities office on the second floor of the Billingsly Student Center.

Ideas or suggestions may also be brought by the student activities office during the week.