Athletes reflect on University

Athletes reflect on University

Athletes reflect on University

One of the greatest things about college is the athletics. Sporting events seem to draw the biggest crowds and, in essence, making the athletes themselves important figures to the University.

Students have the tendency to look up to their athletes and put them in a position of influential authority. Everyone wants to go to the parties athletes are attending. Many want to sit along side athletes and engage in whatever they are discussing and many also want to dress like them.

When athletes step out into the public, they represent not only their sports teams, but also the University. What they are wearing plays a vital role in how they are viewed.

Some clothing items such as sagging jogging pants or shorts or extra-tight clothing do not leave the best impressions.

When people are at work, they must represent the company by dressing in a professional manner, and these are things athletes should be doing daily.

Eventually, athletes will go out into the workforce and will be required to look their best, so why not get into the habit early?

Also, as students, these athletes should set an example in their attire. All students should take into consideration a personal dress code.

While the clothes don’t necessary make the man (or woman), they do reflect a natural view of the person wearing them. Students should dress like they mean to graduate, not like they mean to sleep, sun bathe or hit the surf.

This is a University setting, and it should reflect a sophisticated and cultured attitude on campus than a soft-felt demeanor which is common off campus. Dress up.