Lions traveled to Arkansas Qualifier

Missouri Southern’s men and women track and field team picked up 13 NCAA provisional qualifying marks during last week’s University of Arkansas Qualifier. 

Earning NCAA Provisional Qualifying marks were as follows: 

Sophomore Jasmine Deckard in the 200m placed fifth in her event with a time of 24.48, and was just short of breaking her record in the event. 

Senior Morgan Smith placed third in the 60m hurdles with a time of 8.64.

The trio of sophomore Samantha Petry, sophomore Jordan Banker, and freshman Lauren Sutherland each earned NCAA Provisional Qualifying marks in the pole vault with heights of 3.98m, 3.68m and 3.68m, respectively.

Junior Alexandra Rodriguez placed second in the weight throw with a distance of 17.01m.

Junior Payton Roberts and junior Desirea Buerge finished second and third in the shotput with distances of 15.33m and 15.31m.

The men also and performed well in their events, earning five NCAA provisional marks of their own:

Sophomore Adrian Broadus earned third place in the triple jump with a distance of 15.02m.

Senior Andrew Wells jumped into second place in the high jump with a height of 2.05m.

Sophomore Josh Fullmer and junior Travis Petersen both earned NCAA provisional marks in the weight throw finishing fourth and fifth in the event. Their distances were 18.34m and 18.12m, respectively.

Junior Rajindra Campbell earned third place in the men’s shotput with a distance of 16.72m.

Coach Jamie Burnham said the team is “just being rested and mentally preparing” for the upcoming MIAA championships

The seventh ranked Lion women and 27th-ranked Lion men are back in action next weekend as they compete in the 2019 MIAA Indoor Track and Field Championships, hosted by Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville.