Security Briefs

Information

2/20/2006

9:45 p.m.

A student reported being followed by an unknown vehicle. The student had been leaving the campus when a vehicle parked across from her began following behind her with two other vehicles. The student took an alternate route home, but the vehicles would still stay behind her. She returned to campus to call the Department of Public Safety. She said she had seen the lead vehicle on campus before. The Webb City Police were called to escort her home.

Injured Person

2/17/2006

5:15 p.m.

A DPS officer was called to Young Gymnasium in reference to an injured person. Upon arrival, the officer found a subject had fallen through the hand rail between the north and south section of the bleachers. The floor had given way and the subject had fallen to the floor. The subject had fallen from the ninth row. He had leaned on the hand rail when it gave. The subject was transported to a hospital.

Theft

2/20/2006

10:35 a.m.

A DPS officer was given an e-mail in reference to an event which took place on Jan. 27 in regards to a person using someone else’s student ID card in the campus book store. A male subject came into the store and attempted to use the card to purchase some items. The employee on duty at the time looked at the card and told the subject he must have picked up his roommate’s card. The incident had been looked into by the administration.