Grad expo to take place this week

Officials with Missouri Southern’s Registrar office will host a graduation expo for seniors from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 13, in the Billingsly Student Center.

The event is designed to allow students a chance to make sure they have finished all of their preparations for graduation.

Some of these preparations include applying for graduation, setting a height and weight for a cap and gown, verifying hometown and major, as well as ordering announcements.

Stephanie Workman, Missouri Southern’s Compliance Coordinator for Student Records, describes the expo as “a one stop shop for anyone who is graduating.”

Students need to bring their Lion Card as well as a means of payment for any class jewelry or announcements they wish to purchase.

Students in attendance will have the opportunity to enter into a giveaway, in which the grand prize is a diploma frame. Other prizes, as well as a photo booth, gifts from alumni and food will also be available.

Registrar officials suggest students meet with their advisor before attending the expo, to make sure they have completed all necessary credits.

Workman said graduating students who fail to submit a graduation application before the 13th week of classes will most likely not be included in the graduation program.