Early crowd for VIP pass

Early crowd for VIP pass

Early crowd for VIP pass

Braving the early morning breeze on the first day of spring, several students showed up as early as midnight to be the first in line for tickets to see one of country music’s rising stars.

Cross Canadian Ragweed will be at Missouri Southern on April 18. The student tickets were being distributed at 7 a.m, March 21 outside the Campus Activities Board office.

“There were some people that come about 12:30 a.m.,” said Audrey White, senior education major. “I thought the doors would be locked at 12:30 a.m. One girl came at 3 a.m. and she was number five.”

When the doors were unlocked at 5 a.m., the 10 individuals huddled outside moved into the Lions’ Den to await ticket distribution. The first 10 people through the door were eligible to obtain meet and greet passes for the concert. The passes entitle the group to not only meet the band, but to have a catered dinner with the them.

Sagan Vreeland, freshman pre-law major, and Sarah Nallos, freshman undecided major, were the first two to arrive.

The upcoming appearance of CCR has generated excitement for both the students getting tickets for the show, and those who have been organizing the event.

“Bringing CCR to the University shows the college has stepped up since the University changed over from a college,” Vreeland said.

Tori Christiansen, director of student activities, said all 200 of the free tickets went before 10 a.m. All of the VIP tickets were distributed within the first hour of distribution. By 2:30 p.m. they had run through about 50 of the $5 tickets. There are approximately 400 tickets to be sold at a “student discount” and those will all come from the CAB office. Some students elected to obtain general admission tickets so they could be with friends who missed out on the opportunity to obtain VIP tickets. As of press time, there were 435 tickets available.

For those who choose to procrastinate in obtaining tickets, they are being sold at the Southern ticket office, Zimmer Radio Group and JR’s Western Stores in Diamond and Springfield. Turnpike Chrysler in Miami recently signed on to distribute tickets as well.

“I think we’ll have a good crowd,” Norris said.

For more information on the concert, contact the Campus Activities Board at 625-9346.