Homecoming 2007

Members of the Zeta Tau Alpha sorority perform Its Raining Sigma Pis during the Open Mic Night hosted by the sorority Oct. 10 in the Mayes Student Life Center. The event raised funds for breast cancer education.

Members of the Zeta Tau Alpha sorority perform “It’s Raining Sigma Pis” during the Open Mic Night hosted by the sorority Oct. 10 in the Mayes Student Life Center. The event raised funds for breast cancer education.

Homecoming week went by fast; we dressed crazy, auctioned off dates, had a campus picnic, and watched a parade, crowned Homecoming royalty and, of course, won the football game.

“This is the one time you see everybody coming out together and enjoys themselves,” said A.D. Hoyt, senior mass communications major.

The theme for the 2006-2007 football Homecoming was “Let the Good Times Roar.” Missouri Southern students did roar all week especially Friday, Oct. 12, displaying green and gold at the all-campus picnic. The campus picnic had one of the best turnouts in years. Some students played the games, but most were content with congregating.

The DJ, Sam McDonald, senior mass communications major, had the students dancing around the stage to “YMCA” by The Village People. Hardly any students were in their seats. Everyone was up dancing with the grooviest teachers who won the penny a vote contest. The event was sponsored by the Alumni Association, and the money will be put toward the Alumni Association Scholarship. The winning instructors were communications, T.R. Hanrahan; and science, Dr. Vickie Roettger.

This year’s king is Elbert “E.J.” Johnson and the queen is Lauren Bates. Bates and Johnson both where crowned by Acting President Terri Agee on the stage during the picnic and honored at halftime of the football game on Oct. 13.

The annual chili cook off took place from 11 a.m.-12 p.m. Oct. 8. The theme was Peace, Love and Chili and Sodexho took first place for their tasty chili.

Megan Woods, won Oct. 9 in the Lions’ Den for Retro Day and the next day captured the win on Mismatch Day.

The bachelor/bachelorette auction, which benefits Big Brothers and Big Sisters, raised $300.

The auction was sponsored by Southern Impact and co-sponsored by the Campus Activities Board.

Homecoming King Johnson won the Groovy Trivia in the Lions’ Den. The Zeta Tau Alphas held an Open Mic Night, creating lasting memories for not only the school but the girls as well.