Tests prove radiology students ‘top notch’

Graduate students from the department of radiology at Missouri Southern received scores back from their certification tests, showing outstanding results. 

This year was the 10th consecutive year with 100 percent of students passing on the first attempt. 

Dr. Alan Schiska, head of the radiology department, noted that the test “proves our graduates are top notch.”

With 33 percent of the test takers from MSSU receiving perfect scores, Dr. Schiska believes that this year’s scores passed last year’s scores. 

“Employers should be taking a closer look at graduates from Missouri Southern,” he said. “Not only are they knowledgeable, but they learn clinical and professional skills here.”

This certification through the American Registry of Radiological Technologists tested students’ clinical competency and will allow some to go straight into the field at an entry level. 

Others will use this as a springboard into other advanced modalities of radiology. 

Some students will continue their education at Cox College for Radiology Therapy, and several students are planning to earn their bachelor of health science. 

Regardless of their next step, all of the recent radiology graduates are now ARRT certified and can continue to follow their passion for science.