Withdrawal dates nearing

The spring 2012 semester drop dates for tuition and fees may have come and gone, but there are still dates students need to know.

A 50 percent refund of fees is still available through Friday, Feb. 10. After Feb. 10, no refund is available.

The last day students may withdraw from a single class is April 6. Between then and May 7, students may only withdraw from all of their classes at once. After May 7, students will no longer be allowed to drop any class.

As for the bursar’s new policy regarding drop dates this semester, Bursar Alicia Hughes said she felt the policy, as planned, smoothed out the process for students.

“I feel that the new due date policy was more effective than prior semester drop policies,” she said. “All of the faculty and staff worked very hard to help spread the word to the students, and we feel the new policy was much more student, faculty and staff friendly.”

In the past, the bursar’s office had set two dates for the payment of fees and tuition; one before the semester began, and the last at the end of the second week of classes. This semester, however, no fees were due before the end of the second week of classes.

“The removal of the first drop date gave many students additional time to complete their financial aid process, come up with money for the payment or money for the payment plan,” Hughes said.

Students may direct feedback to her office via phone at 417-625-9381, or by email at [email protected].