Freshman Reagan making her mark

The Lions have been fortunate over the last few years to have track teams that have performed up to very high standards.  

As athletes from around the area get a chance to see the quality of competition in the conference Missouri Southern continues to bring in talent year after year to keep them in the top rankings of Division II track.

This year was no different as freshman jumper Brittani Reagan from Bentonville, Ark.

Prior to attending Missouri Southern Reagan played soccer and ran track at Bentonville High School  

“My high school track coach told me about the school and how she ran against the track team here when she was in college,” Reagan said.

“She had really good things to say about the team so that sparked my interest and so I went on a visit and loved it.”

Reagan joined the group and left her mark on the indoor season as she collected All-Region honors.

“Very impressive. It’s hard to come in as a freshman and do so well, especially in this conference. The amount of time put in is much different than high school but she’s seemed to adjust well,” senior jumper Taylor McClelland said.

After a long season filled with tough practices and difficult challenges, Reagan still takes time to appreciate the little things as she talked about the best memories from this already impressive freshman campaign.

“Just getting the chance to go to every meet and compete at this level, and of course, getting to spend time and make memories with my teammates,” Reagan said.  

For Reagan and others from the indoor Track Team, this season is not yet over as they travel to Birmingham, Ala. for the NCAA Division II Indoor Track and Field Championships.  

After displaying what she is capable of throughout the year, Reagan looks to make this trip one to remember.

“I expect to go there and have my best performance and just have a lot of focus and hopefully get a new personal record,” Reagan said.  

It’s a finishing touch to a freshman year that only seems appropriate for Reagan, an athlete exceeding many expectations but never her own.