CAB to host Western theme Spring Picnic

35th Annual Spring Picnic April 25, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

The Campus Activities Board will host the 35th Annual Spring Picnic on April 25 from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the Oval. The event, which will feature a live DJ as well as food and games, will have an old west theme.

“Our theme this year is a western theme,” said Landon Adams, director of student activities. “We normally don’t do a theme for the spring picnic, but since it’s the 35th year, we decided to pick out a theme and kind of play off it.”

CAB has lined up multiple games and activities for the event. There will be an archery dome and a wild west shootout for students to test their shooting skills. A lasso game called rodeo roper, as well as pony hops and a mechanical bull.

“We want to make an event where people don’t just come, grab a bite to eat and a t-shirt, and then go,” said Adams, “[but] come spend an hour, an hour and a half there, too.“

According to the Student Activities Facebook page, the menu will include spicy chicken sandwiches and quarter pound hot dogs, and sides such as corn on the cob, baked beans and potato salad.

“For the spring picnic we have kind of a tradition of serving the spicy chicken sandwiches, they’re really popular,” said Adams. “It’s going to be a picnic with kind of a western spin on it.”

The food is provided by Sodexo and the event is free to students.