Event provides students with needed relief

Finals Madness Flyer

Finals Madness Flyer

The semester is difficult enough, trying to keep up with classes and then finals. To help combat end-of-semester stress, the Campus Activities Board will host Final Madness to help students relieve stress and have fun with their fellow students.

The event, which has been held for nearly 15 years, will run from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. on May 1.

“This event serves as an opportunity to get away from the stresses of finals week for a little bit,” said Landon Adams, director of student activities. “It is also a great opportunity to spend time with friends before everyone goes their separate ways for the summer months.”

The 6-10 p.m. portion of the event will be in the recreation center. This time will feature bubble soccer, zorb balls, extreme laser tag and more.

“We have tons of door prizes including electronics, small appliances, Missouri Southern swag and décor, gift cards, a smart watch … and more,” said Heather Arnold, director of aquatics and wellness/prevention coordinator.

From 10 p.m. to midnight, the Student Wellness Awareness Group, Prevention; Wellness; and Advising, Counseling, Testing Services will move the event to Tilt at Northpark Mall for arcade games and attractions.

After an evening of games and fun, SWAG/Prevention, Wellness, ACTS, Housing and Sodexo have more treats in mind.

“From midnight until 2 a.m., we head back to campus … to put on the late night breakfast, as well as other activities,” Arnold said.

The breakfast will be a full hot buffet in Mayes Dining Hall. Additional activities at Mayes will include karaoke, games, crafts, music and dancing.

“This is a great event and is a great opportunity for students to have fun right before summer,” Adams said. “It is one of the cooler traditions we have on campus.”

Finals Madness is open only to Southern students, who must present a student ID to participate.