Davis posied to take over league

Anthony Davis, the 6-10 power forward for the New Orleans Hornets, isn’t just an NBA superstar, he’s one of us, except for the fact that he is making $7 million. 

If you don’t know Davis, he is 22 years old, from Chicago, Ill., and he played basketball at the University of Kentucky back in 2012. Before he was the first-round draft pick, Davis was like you and me, a college student trying to graduate and become something bigger. As college students or college student athletes, we all know that college is hard and isn’t as simple as it sounds. 

We put in a lot of work and dedication, but that doesn’t mean we’re all going to be like Davis, because we’re not. 

It means we have to use our talents to become like Davis, whether it’s on the court, in the classroom, on the stage, on the radio, or writing for the campus newspaper like me. We all have hidden talents; Anthony Davis just wasn’t afraid to show off his talent on the court. 

What’s crazy about his game is that he can play both center and forward positions. Davis is a beast in both positions, but I think he plays his best as a center. I say that because he has a 7-4 wingspan, which makes him a difficult player to attack. He can catch contact with the ball and put up those easy layups no matter who’s guarding him. 

Davis isn’t bulky enough to push people around, but his length makes him a tough player to shoot over at the rim.  The big man has settled in the top three spots in boards and blocks in the NBA this season. Davis has become one of the NBA’s best rim protectors already. He is a defensive demon—let me remind you he’s 22 years old! 

He’s averaging the unthinkable 20 points and 10 rebounds per game in his second year in the NBA, joining Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge. 

Also in spite of his height, Davis plays extremely well as a forward, he sees those open plays and gets the assist. His offense is the rawest part of his game; it’s been 20 years since a 20-year-old player has accomplished the stats of 20 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks. The last under the age of 21 to do it was Shaquille O’Neal. 

Considering that Davis has things to work on, he is one of the best in our generation and in the NBA. 

Some people might disagree on Davis’s game, but you can’t hate on talent! 

He’s a do-it-all player who’s dominating the league while just beginning to perfect his craft. Besides all that, he’s playing in the 2016 All-Star Game with some of the best players in the game. 

PS: Carmelo Anthony—With that said, do you feel Davis has made an impact in the league or is he a role model for up and coming ball players?