Comedian keeps Corley Auditorium audience rollin’

Pablo E. Ortiz

Comedian Ryan Conner entertained Southern students Wednesday evening. Campus Activities Board brought Conner to Southern.

On Wednesday Ryan Conner came to Missouri Southern and performed his stand-up act for a full house of Southern Students and community at Webster in Corley Auditorium. 

You may recognize Connor from The Last Comic Standing as he was a 2015 season finalist. He is also a writer for MTV’s popular show Ridiculousness, and has written for Saturday Night Live’s “Weekend Update.” Connor has also written for TruTv’s “Billy on the Street. 

Connor has been doing stand-up comedy since 2003. You can check out his stand-up comedy routines on youtube and see his performances from Last Comic Standing as well. He is also on facebook, Instagram and twitter. His twitter name is @rccomedy. His website is ryanconnercomedy.com. 

Conner began with some words of wisdom saying, “If the fire alarms go off, leave the building. Worst case scenario, you don’t die in a fire!” Ryan Conner’s stand-up is made up of outrageous stories from his own experience. He shared stories about his multi-racial family, his eleven brothers, white, black, Chinese, Vietnamese. He shared how his indifference to racial stereotypes lead to funny encounters with fellow comics, and college friends. Conner also shared stories about growing up in DC and his past jobs that had a colorful cast of characters, that lead to many hilarious encounters and situations. 

Sarah Fry, a soon-to-be Southern freshman, was at Conners show Wednesday and she said. “I thought it was very funny. And it was relatable!” 

Southern freshman and social work major Alyvia Warstler said, “Ryan definitely has some crazy stories. I can only imagine growing up with eleven brothers!”

Conner’s humor is suggested for a mature audience only. His humor is not very clean, and he doesn’t shy away from more controversial topics. 

If you are interested in learning or hearing more from Ryan Conner you can check out his website www.ryanconnercomedy.com and you can purchase his cd and even see his schedule for other possible upcoming events he may be having. If you have the opportunity to see Conner in person, you will want to take it! 

The credit for this event, and having Ryan Conner come to Southern goes to Student Activities Office.