My Final Farewell: thank you to those whose help got me through college

Dear student body,

Two weeks left everyone. For me this is bittersweet. Four years have finally come to an end. You know, it’s been a great ride but we all have to graduate sometime it seems. 

First and foremost, I’d like to thank all my professors. Without your knowledge and passion to advance the young minds of college students, I would not be in the position I am in today. 

Your constant struggle to tell me repeatedly that something is due, then reiterating one more time the week after it was actually due. The times you guys stuck around after office hours, to just, chat. The will power to believe that I could do more than just what is immediately right in front of me. I thank you for this. 

Secondly, I’d like to thank my friends. For you are the reason I didn’t graduate with a 4.0, but you’re the sole reason I’m graduating at all. I don’t know if four years could have gone as smoothly without you. The times you pushed me to stay up late to study, when all we accomplished by 3:00 a.m. was getting through another Netflix movie. Don’t forget the time there was that 10 page paper due and instead of doing that, we went to a party and I just finished it up the morning it was due. Most of all, thanks for the memories that you guys provided. Classes seemed to be a blur, but the memories made with you were clear as day.

Lastly, thank you Missouri Southern State University. Without your ability to gather these individuals who knows what type of trouble I’d be in. As the campus grows, so will your ability to keep bringing quality education at an affordable cost. 

I’m proud to say that in two weeks I will be a Missouri Southern Lion Alumni. 

I’ve learned a vast amount of knowledge in the classroom these four years, but the individual lesson’s I’ve been taught by coaches, professors, and friends far outweigh those. Again, thank you for your continuous hard work to make me a better person. I will truly remember every encounter that we’ve experienced together. 

Signing out one last time, 

Sincerely yours,  

Ryan Jackson