Rolling into service: Comm major hosts toilet paper drive

One person’s mummy supplies become another person’s basic necessity, as a Missouri Southern student strives to help the Carthage Crisis Center.

Veronica Gazaway, a sophomore mass communication and public relations major, is working to gather toilet paper for the facility, hoping the “spooky season” will help students get into the mood to aid others.

Through a “Mummy Drive,” Gazaway hopes to gather at least 5,000 rolls for the faith-based homeless shelter located at 100 South Main, in Carthage.

“I’m guessing it will only last them about six months,” Gazaway said. “So, I’m shooting to far surpass the goal.”

Gazaway hopes her fellow students will help her meet the goal. In addition to gathering toilet paper, she is also accepting monetary donations for the center.

She is collecting the toilet paper now through Wednesday, Oct. 31. Participants can contact Gazaway to pick up the items, or they can take the items directly to the center. 

Gazaway asks those traveling to Carthage mention they are part of the Mummy Drive. 

For more information, persons interested may contact Gazaway at [email protected], or visit the event’s Facebook page by searching “The Mummy Drive 2018.” Additional information about the Carthage Crisis Center may be found by visiting www.carthagecrisiscenter.org.