Activities for Shoctober continue

It is now mid-October, which means Shocktober events and activities are already up and running.

Throughout the month of October, the Campus Activities Board sponsors many different October-related activities.

If students have missed the first two Shocktober events, they don’t need to worry, there are several events to come.

The activities left in Shocktober are an Oct. 20 movie night and Spook Light trip featuring Amityville Horror at 8 p.m., an Oct. 27 Murder Mystery Dinner Theater in the Connor Ballroom at 7 p.m., a pumpkin carving contest at 10 a.m. Oct. 27, a Boo Bingo in the Lion’s Den 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Oct. 28 and to finish it off, a costume contest in he Lion’s Den at noon on Halloween. There will also be a Safe Halloween in McCormick Hall 7 p.m. on Oct. 31.

Also, into November, there is a Dia De La Muertes Lecture, in Webster auditorium 11 a.m. on Nov. 2.

“Shocktober is meant for a whole month of fun events to participate in,” said Tori Maloukis, director of student activities. “It is designed to keep everyone busy throughout the month of October.”

These activities and events that make up Shocktober are put together by the six CAB officers at Southern.

“I want to let everyone know, that on Oct. 27, everyone should be sure and come out to the Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre,” Maloukis said. “It’ll be great, but hurry and buy your tickets now. The seating is very limited.”

The Murder Mystery costs $5 for students and $10 for everyone else.

Some students are looking for more people to join them in the activities.

“Everyone should come out to the Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre,” said Annie Epperson, freshman nursing major. “It’ll be fun.”

Several students have taken advantage of the Shocktober events this year.

“I went to The Ghost Hunter, John Zaffis last night and I had a lot of fun,” Epperson said. “Now I’m getting ready to go to the Spooklight on the [Oct.] 20.”

“It looks like Shocktober has a great selection of activities and events,” said Ruth Harter, sophomore secondary education major.

“I hope to attend as many as possible.”

All students are urged to attend at least one Shocktober event this year.

“The CAB Officers have worked hard on all of the activities,” Epperson said. “I like the Shocktober events. I just wish more people would come and try it out.”

For more information on the Shocktober events or any other student activities, go to the Student Activities Office in Billingsly.