Week’s end delivers

With the festivities of Homecoming at an end, one can now begin to see the somewhat dirty floor of the Alumni Association office.

Though Homecoming only lasts a week, the preparations run throughout the year in the alumni office.

In addition to selecting this year’s theme, the association coordinated the Homecoming Parade, Alumni Awards Dinner, Chili Cook-off, Penny-a-Vote Contest and others. Even with Homecoming finished for this year the association is still sending out bills, cleaning up and preparing to start on next year’s festivities.

Though members of the association have experienced the stress of putting on such a large production, members of the Alumni Association such as Alumni Relations Coordinator Elisa Bryant were happy to announce good attendance for the many events they hosted as well as a significantly higher amount of school spirit.

“I think that the school spirit and the crowd involvement at the football game was the best by far, I think we need to continue that every week to support our football team and our other sports,” Bryant said.

Additionally, the alumni banquets and the football game were not the only Homecoming events with a high turnout this year. The Alumni Association also collaborates with many other campus organizations to pull off Homecoming.

“It’s great when the campus and campus departments can work together on an event like this so that our students, alumni, faculty and friends can all benefit,” said Lee Elliff Pound, director of the Alumni Association.

Though many people are not aware of the intense role many groups have in Homecoming, the pay-off, at least for the Alumni Association, comes at the end.

“I think the success we had is all the appreciation we need,” Bryant said.