CAMPUS SECURITY REPORTS

10/12/07

Theft

Leggett & Platt Athletic Center

A computer was reported missing from offices in the building. The office doors had been locked when personnel left late the evening before.

10/12/07

Theft

Leggett & Platt Athletic Center

A student reported an iPod and four football tickets stolen from the same offices the computer was missing from.

10/14/07

Alcohol Violation

Dryer Hall

In response to a prior student incident an officer was dispatched to check for an alcohol violation. The suspected room was unlocked and the occupants were not present. Empty alcohol containers were present. These were confiscated and a search conducted. No additional items were found.

10/14/07

Dispute

Lot 23

A student called security complaining of being harassed and threatened by two other individuals. The student’s vehicle was parked across several parking spaces and the security officer determined that the student was intoxicated. The student stated they had been drinking, but off campus. A ride was called for the student who tried repeatedly to provoke the other individuals. The student was directed to wait in his car.

According to a witness account the student had been driving recklessly and stopped on the sidewalk. When the student was asked if they needed assistance they became belligerent and used inflammatory language.

10/14/07

Assault

East Hall

Joplin police contacted security in reference to an assault. A visiting parent reported a large gathering of students with alcohol present, and being punched in the face by a student. The responding officer and resident director for the building approached the room in question. It was vacant. A JPD officer arrived and a complaint was filed with the JPD against the suspect.